You’re a real contender for leadership of the Federal Liberal parliamentarians when Malcolm Turnbull gets shafted. You are knocked out at the first ballot leaving Tony Abbott and Malcolm to fight it out. Tony Abbott wins by one piddly little vote (probably Peter Slipper’s). In the reshuffle of the front bench you are passed over as Deputy Leader of the Opposition for Julie Bishop (Wow that must have felt good!). And as the third prize you get Shadow Treasurer. And I’ll wager that you voted for Tony in the final ballot, didn’t you?
So how does it feel,
to be just a cog in the wheel?
in a portfolio for which,
you ain’t got no feel?
First this one.
And then this!
With you as Treasurer, Abbott as PM, and the ultra conservative views of yourself and the NO Coalition – we can see what’s a-coming. Recession, high unemployment, Work Choices revisited. I’m really looking forward to the coming three terms of conservative government in Australia. God help us!
- Australia under Abbott (theage.com.au)
- Guess what? The Liberals want an election! (cafewhispers.wordpress.com)
- Govt attacks Abbott over Slipper ‘plot’ (news.com.au)
- Abbott denies dog whistling on race law (bigpondnews.com)
- Dazed and Confused (cafewhispers.wordpress.com)
- Are LNP members breaking ranks against Tony Abbott’s deadly boat refugee policy? (turnleft2013.wordpress.com)