Last week’s ‘call to account’ of Tony Abbott (he who thinks he should be Prime Minister) by Julia Gillard (she who actually is) Prime Minister of Australia, and a happening upon the RU 486 abortion pill/Abbott graphic created by one Judy Green collapsed my resolve and I fell victim, once again, to Graphical Manipulations. So here are the Pillock Chronicles (sans apologia) and with due deference to President Obama’s, ‘Yes, We Can!’
Pillock: (noun, UK, mildly pejorative, slang) a stupid or annoying person; simpleton; fool. Etymology – the orgin of pillock is believed to go back to the 16th century meaning penis from the Norwegian word pillicock, presumably akin to the slang dickhead meaning inept fool. (Source: Wiktionary). NB: I didn’t make the association, Wiktionary did!!
And Australians appear to want this embarrassing pillock as Prime Minister and his NO Coalition as a Government? God help us!
- Graphical Manipulations #7: Alan Jones & Tony Abbott – And An Apology? (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #6: Gillard, Abbott, Politics and Rectal Referrals (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #5: The Connoisseur, Carbon Levies & His Bright Future for Oz (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Julia Gillard needs to man up (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Best Thing You’ll See All Day: Australia’s Female Prime Minister Rips Misogynist a New One in Epic Speech on Sexism [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Balls to femininity, start shouting Julia Gillard-style – Telegraph (telegraph.co.uk)
- Australia PM swings over sexism (edition.cnn.com)
- Sexism Down Under (politicalirony.com)
- It’s good to see Julia Gillard tackle sexism head-on | Chloe Angyal (guardian.co.uk)