There’s a truism about the truism that ‘a picture/photo/graphic is worth a thousand words’, and that is that it’s true! Especially when that image comes dressed up as a fancy manipulation of a series of ‘0’s’ and ‘1’s’ carefully re-rendered by a thingy that manipulates such binary thingys and converts it to digital imagery, which can by the judicious use of other digital imagery manipulative thingy’s be converted to a digital image which is not quite what was originally intended from the creation of the initial fancy manipulation of all those binary bit things – if you see what I mean!
Anyhow enough of the technical stuff! It’s also true that faced with the above bit about graphic technology one should NEVER, EVER stand in front of a poster which makes bold pledges and can be graphically manipulated by those who’ve come into the possession of graphic rendition software capable of a wee bit of graphical manipulation of said poster and standing person!
Phoney Tony Abbott has obliged by indeed standing in front of one of these posters which has signed pledges on it. Naturally, one couldn’t help but endeavour to consider what might be the real pledges of such a person that actually lie hidden behind such duly signed propagandised statements. Initially this came to mind;
And then getting down and dirty with those indolent pensioners and their luxurious life styles would certainly be on the list;
Also those weekend workers slaving away over a cold beer, or a hot chicken kiev and expecting to be amply rewarded for surrendering their lives to the 60 hour week should be dealt with;
That lead to further thought on what (heaven forbid) a NO Coalition government would be like and this came to mind;
This lead to thoughts of policy vacuums and the apparent lack of anything policy tangible from the NO Coalition except some frivolous statement about ‘Turning Back Boat’s’! Oh yeh? On the high seas? When they’re already sinking because some clever clogs has opened the scuttle cocks when the ‘turner backers’ have come into sight? That turning back eh? So it’s a certainty that they have some policies somewhere;
PS: Sorry about the red, just couldn’t get a colour that would stand out really well on the graphic. Still we should feel pleased that the NO Coalition has found some of its old policies! Now if they’d just explain them, that would be helpful! Maybe John Howard could assist?
And then along came our Rattus rattus mate to add his little bit of levity to the proceedings with, initially, this;
Followed up fairly quickly by this little mirth filled snippet;
All of which turned to thoughts to how things might be if all our politicians worked in harmony to achieve the best outcomes for the people of Australia. Wouldn’t it be nice to see;
Alas, such thoughts were only to be dashed by the cruel and unrelenting sea of political expediency onto the sharp and unforgiving rocks of reality!!
And so there we have it! Leaving you with the usual postscript . . . . . . !
- Graphical Manipulations #35: Budgets, A Letter, Calibre, Emergencies, Contemplative Moments & Sheep! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #34: Calibrated Women, Airports, Policies & Laborious Dilemma’s! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #39: Meja, Ejakashun, Drones, The Rat And That PC! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #38: More Paraprosi Thingy’s, Jesters, Summation, Opiates, Pond Scum & The Rat! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #36: Futility, Earners, Cows, Elevenses, Enumerations And That Bloody Rat! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #37: Gina, Paraprosdokian Rambles And The Rat Reprise! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Abbott carbon tax mantra blunted (theage.com.au)
- Fewer voters want carbon tax axed (smh.com.au)