I usually . . . ah . . . draft the text . . . for these Graphical . . . ah . . . Manipulations . . . on . . . ah . . . Monday night, so I . . . ah . . . had the indescribable . . . pleasure . . . of watching Tony . . . ah . . . Abbott’s performance . . . on ABC . . . ah . . . 7.30 tonight. Can I . . . just say . . . how . . . ah . . . amazingly . . . ah . . . incoherent it . . . ah . . . was!
I really do consider that the likely next Prime Minister of Australia should be able to contextualise his message, determine cogently how to deliver that message to those to whom he is speaking, and then, to convey it in clear concise sentences that make it abundantly clear what he is actually trying to say.
And . . . ah. . . . ‘Stop the . . .ah . . . boats’ doesn’t . . . quite . . . ah . . . meet the . . . ah . . . requisite . . . ah . . . conditions I’m afraid!
So could I suggest to the NO Coalition that they might consider doing, in a similar manner to the Ruddstoration, a Turnbullation, and putting in the position of Leader of the Opposition a person who can actually string cogent sentences together in a meaningful way.
Incidentally, I thought that the Tony Abbott interview by Chris Ulhmann was a piece of proscribed, pre-recorded, puerility! And it really ‘P’d’ me off!
That brought about thoughts of doormats, of the being walked on/all over variety (thinking of you Chris), and that led to considerations of what doormats the NO Coalition might consider as being worthy articles for purchase by its discerning followers. Initially that led to this;
And naturally then to this;
That led to thoughts about slogans without substance and facades without support and this came to mind;
Naturally that gave rise to thoughts of masterly sloganeering and then to masterliness in general and this emerged;
And as is usual about this time back came my favourite, ever mirthful, rat to add a bit of lightheartedness to the occasion with this;
Followed by this;
And the lack of specificity of policies left not much more than just slogans again, and being aware that the NO Coalition has superseded their initially convoluted HRO slogan with a new one about strength and bright futures led to this;
And it all culminated with once again thinking about what we had to look forward to as we went back in time to the three bedroom home with white picket fences, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars with someone who classifies himself as the love child of Bronwyn Bishop and John Howard! That horrific contemplation gave rise to a post traumatic shock episode and to this;
And just as we descended into the depths of despair the recent Morgan poll showing Labor at 54.5% and the NO Coalition at 45.5% gave reason for a faint glimmer of hope. And that led to this;
And so there we have it! Leaving you with the usual postscript . . . . . . !
- Graphical Manipulations #40: Poster Pandemonium, Dags, Antiquity, The Rat And An ‘If Only’! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #39: Meja, Ejakashun, Drones, The Rat And That PC! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Hard part just starting for Mr Lucky (theage.com.au)
- Graphical Manipulations #36: Futility, Earners, Cows, Elevenses, Enumerations And That Bloody Rat! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #41: Knives, Facts, Signs, Rats & Portents! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #35: Budgets, A Letter, Calibre, Emergencies, Contemplative Moments & Sheep! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #37: Gina, Paraprosdokian Rambles And The Rat Reprise! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Rudd leads Abbott in latest Newspoll (bigpondnews.com)
- Tony Abbott will take responsibility for asylum seeker deaths as a result of Coalition policy (abc.net.au)