So here we are, four days out from that great moment when the fate of Australia is thrown into the hands of a large number of thinking people and their capacity to vote! Nah! Just joking! I should say that the fate of Australia has been thrown into the hands of a a small number of unthinking voters conned by the mainstream media who, without equivocation, are intent on installing a Coalition of Liberals, and their National rump, on the Federal government benches. Never has Australia seen such a biased presentation, nor lack of serious inquiry into policies, by a News Limited media which is controlled by the whims of a monopolistic owner, and (apparently) supported further by other media outlets such as Fairfax and the ABC, intent on climbing on the bandwagon in their frantic chase for the ‘BIG NEWS STORY’. You have to search elsewhere now for some decent and balanced reportage. The bulk of the Australian fourth estate has failed as an essential pillar of democracy. Herr Goebbels couldn’t have done a better job.
The Dictionary of nasty, inflammatory and derogatory words has been flogged to death in order to denigrate and defile serious investigate journalism. Don’t believe me? Here’s a few from the cesspool of mainstream media verbiage gleaned from various articles over several weeks: Talent drain, little credibility, flip-flopping, chameleon, irresponsible, desertion, struggles, shemozzle, poisonous, ludicrous, despised, toxic, ruthless, erratic, appalling, manic, unhinged, overweening disaster, lurching, unfitness disloyal treacherous liar, untrustworthy, assassin, opportunistically, rupturing, flawed, ill-advised, blundering, dysfunctional, hamstrung, deviant, recrudescence, rubric, psychopathic, evil, chaos, dysfunction, clueless, egomaniac, failures, fraught, dishonesty, treachery, cowardice, snivelling, quagmire!!
The quote I’ve reckoned is the best? “Confirmed to me by impeccable sources!” Yeh? Well I have an impeccable source too, it’s my vivid imagination and it’s coloured by fanciful bullshit!
Several vallium, a stiff drink or two and this seemed to sum it all up;
And that lead to thoughts of things well said and using the English language as she should be used. Like a rapier and not like a bludgeon;
Naturally the would be post September 7 Prime Ministerial hopefuls have been out on the hustings and providing photo ops, and selfies and other exciting pieces of graphic for those of the more manipulative bent. This one was particularly appealing;
You’ be wise to leave them in the packet and Tony in the car!
Once again, given the opportunity, the mirthful rat leapt to the podium to deliver his snippets of jocularity, starting with this;
Followed by a sharply witty toe dip into the tangled mysteries of international relations with;
And that got us to the NO Coalitions’ election launch and the usual resuscitation of old leaders to inject a bit of gravitas and fond memories of old times into the event. Mind you, the immediate thought about having John Howard at the launch was a bit “having someone with cold sores manning the kissing booth at the gymkharna!”! It also reminded of yesteryear and yester people and a convenient graphic lent those thoughts some validity;
That led to thoughts of policy promises, “uncosted policy” promises and taking promises on trust given prior performances by the NO Coalition and their penchant for qualifications such as ‘core’ and ‘non-core’. Those thoughts led to;
And all of that about yesterday’s yesterdays and trust and policy promises led ultimately to this;
The blog masthead and the bias contained herein clearly indicate where my vote will be cast on September 7. I’m not voting that way because I think Rudd’s the messiah. I don’t! My vote goes to the party that has, on balance, done the best for the people and the country over my lifetime. And that’s been Labor. Also, I don’t want to be governed by such small minded people as Abetz, Morrison, Pyne, Bishop (x2), Bernardi, Mirabella, Brandis and Hockey, and led by one of the most negative, misogynistic, xenophobic nasties this country has seen, and that’s Tony Abbott! The Coalition has taken a huge jump to the ultra-conservative right and it’s about to introduce the Time Warp (aka Howard era) – again!
On Sept 7 evening (early or late) I’ll either be deeply disappointed, or delightfully exuberant! We shall see! Whatever the outcome, I’m sure the graphical manipulation opportunities will continue.
POSTNOTE: Watched QandA last night, something rarely done, to see how Rudd performed. Extremely well it turns out! The experience drew the following conclusions:
- Unless there is a huge turnaround, Rudd and Labor, despite being the better of two mediocre options, will probably lose the election. We will be the poorer for it!
- Tony Jones is, without doubt, the most self-opinionated, self-aggrandising Onanist inhabiting the mainstream media. Congratulations Tony it takes real effort to stand out from the rest of the msm mediocrity!
- The preponderance of ‘what about poor, pitiful me’ questions confirmed that we are, indeed, a bunch of whingeing, moaning, me, me, me Hanranhan’s, unappreciative of what was done during (and after) the GFC and where we are now placed economically. What happened to us, us, us and the ‘fair go’? In this Rudd’s equity and faireness statements were, sadly, just ‘whistling in the wind’!
Poor bugger my country – with such selfish people in it!
And there we have it! Leaving you with the usual postscript . . . . . . !
- Graphical Manipulations #49: Exaggerations, Falsehoods, Prayers, Rats, Slogans And Class! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #48: Higgeldy Piggledy, Ruddeldy Puddledy, A Dream, Frauds, The Rat, And Leaps! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #46: Money, Flippity Flops,Lies, The Rat, Deals And Choices! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #43: Has Beens, Plans, Slogans, Rants, The Rat & Uvver Bits! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #47: Tweets, Apocalypses, Rupert, Hockey, The Rat, Twitterers And Kid Stuff! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #44: Low Cost Drones, Falsity, Pies, Diatribes, The Rat, And A Word Or Two! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- If in doubt, don’t vote for Abbott: PM (news.smh.com.au)
- Abbott ups attack on Labor’s management (news.smh.com.au)
- Rudd, Abbott agree on indigenous affairs (news.theage.com.au)
- ALP takes ‘Abbott’s internet’ to New York, Bucharest (smh.com.au)