Well, it’s all over apart from the self-congratulatory gloating smarminess of the victorious NO Coalition, the vitriolic name calling and blame gaming of the Labor factions and the gratuitous smug satisfaction of a self-aggrandising mainstream media still unable to let go and already huffy puffing about how the new era will be under a new government and Labor leadership ructions. Ewww! It looks like the vomitous diatribe is going to continue for the forseeable future.
Anyhow, to the main game! It seemed to the lefty cognoscenti and latte sipping intelligentsia amongst us that rationality and critical thinking would prevail against the odds, and the great unwashed, and Labor would be recognised, despite its infighting stupidity, as having ‘done generally good’, and would scrape over the line for a third term! It was not to be and as indicated last time I was deeply disappointed and immediately reminded of an event that occurred just a couple of years before my time on this planet. Such thoughts gave rise to;
“Yesterday, September 7, 2013, a date which will live in infamy, the Australian State was suddenly and deliberately subsumed by forces of the NO Coalition, an unthinking electorate and the Empire of Murdoch.
Australia was at the moment a peaceful nation and was still in conversation with its government and its Prime Minister looking toward the maintenance of a healthy economy and a happy people. Indeed, only hours before the unthinking electorate had commenced choosing their next government the NO Coalition and their Murdochian colleague delivered to the Australian government several formal THREE WORD SLOGANS to a recent message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue resisting STOP THE BOATS, TURN THE BOATS and BUY THE BOATS, it contained no threat or hint of anything intelligible, or armed smarmyness.
It will be recorded that the behaviour of the NO Coalition and the Empire of Murdoch makes it obvious that the destruction of democracy was deliberately planned many weeks or even years ago. During the intervening time these conspirators have deliberately sought to deceive Australia by false statement and propagandistic expressions of three word slogans.”
With apologies to Franklin Delano Roosevelt, December 7 1941.
Having now regained some sanity post election shock, a last fling (until next time) of the PolitiFact graphics related to our new anti-Immigration Minister Scott Morrison gave rise to;
And that gave rise to thoughts about government, public servant cuts, Prime Ministerialism and shadowy figures with;
Thoughts about the new governance of my country and media comparisons between our new leader Anthony J Abbott and George W Bush, naturally, gave rise to;
While on a roll who should get themselves back into the headlines but BLOODY LABOR AGAIN, as the bickering and infighting began over who shall be the next leader, and whether Kevin Rudd should step down or be executed by firing squad!. And to my extreme angst, that most devious, back-stabber of them all, Bill Shorten is proposed as the next leader? Yah what? That revelation lead to;
And in a day of revelations (you could just about write a book, eh?) the news that Bob Carr would step down from the Senate to be replaced by Paul Howes really blew the pot off the stove! Doesn’t Labor ever learn? That little snippet of information became;
It would seem that Labor needs to remember four important pillars for success:
- Dirty washing is not aired in public but placed in a washing machine! A sealed device that cleans the washing so that it can be safely aired in public!
- Labor is reputedly a party of the people. It isn’t a nice little sinecure for a bunch of union hacks and time servers who essentially represent only 16% of the Australian workforce!
- Disunity is death!! I’ll say it again (in capitals): DISUNITY IS DEATH! Also note it’s a three word slogan!
- You are not the mainstream media’s friend, the story you give them is! The chooks that Joh fed are not the household variety which is why he treated them with cautious contempt! They tend to have sharp beaks and claws and vulturine behaviour patterns!
OooooooooooH! You are making me VERY ANGRY Labor!!
After several repeats of the three word mantra ‘CHANGE OR DIE’ contemplative thoughts returned once more to elections, and hope, reward, opportunity and this;
And leaps of blind faith led to promises obscured by the fog of duplicity and choice, and errors of judgement, and that led to;
And there we have it (sans the usual end bit now that it’s all over until the next time or earlier if there’s a double dissolution sometime in the next 12 to 18 months)!
PS: The Rat is currently too traumatised to say anything remotely witty and is recovering slowly!
- Abbott taking time to form government (sbs.com.au)
- Bowen backs out of Labor leadership race, leaving spot open to Shorten and Albanese (abc.net.au)
- Australia Goes Tea Party – Low Tax, Low Regulation Conservative Wins! (patdollard.com)
- Abbott Wins Australian Election as Rudd Concedes Defeat (bloomberg.com)
- Abbott’s Win Sown in 2010 Loss as Gillard-Rudd Spat Hurts Labor (bloomberg.com)
- Bob Carr tipped to retire from Senate (sbs.com.au)
- Aust ‘open for business’ (nzherald.co.nz)
- Comment: Election 2013 – the role of the media (sbs.com.au)
- Murdoch celebrates conservative victory in Australia with Twitter tirade (theguardian.com)