As the dust begins to settle and the Left weeps in their beer and the Right sips their celebratory champers a extraordinary quietude settles over the political arena as the mainstream media fades into verbal quiescence and the new government no longer touts its THREE WORD SLOGANS quite so loudly and those National Emergencies demanding immediate and drastic action become, well, not quite National and just a little bit not quite Emergency like, fade gently into inconsequentiality! In fact our new government seems to have faded into inarticulateness and gone into hiding!
So, still unable to grasp that an opposition consisting of Howard era leftovers, with no costings, not substantial policies, several signed promissory notes, and lots of THREE WORD SLOGANS have captured the government benches primarily because Labor couldn’t stop acting like kids fighting in the playground, this came to mind;
And because our new government has this rather fanciful idea that a piddly little swing to them of less than two percent represents a MANDATE, the next iteration of the NO Coalition doormat looked like;
All the hoo ha about mandates led to a perusal of the numbers and how the swings against Labor and the Greens had ended up predominantly with parties other than the NO Coalition partners led to;
So you can take your so-called mandate and turn it into one of your suppositories of wisdom! Feel free to place it where it will do the most good!
Our very own Rattus rattus having survived the trauma of a Labor loss eventually recovered his ready wit due to regular infusions of blue-vein cheese and liberal doses of red wine and was able to raise himself from the nest to make the following observation with regard to mandates;
And to the comments about our new Prime Minister;
To the import of their policy platform;
And to the calibre of his ministry;
PS: To those unused to plain fare, ‘bubble and squeak’ is the, usually breakfast offering, consisting of leftover vegetables and perhaps some meat, mixed and fried up and offered as a hearty morning repast. The ‘bubble and squeak’ refers to the behaviour and sound made by these remnants as heat is applied to them in a frying pan! So if the fry fits . . . . . !
And to that issue related to the female of the species;
Naturally given how quiet it has become since the election night we wondered what had happened to those National Emergencies that were no longer;
And finally, given all that has gone before, what has occurred and the final ‘too horrible to contemplate’ outcome, faith seemed to be urgently needed to go along with that TWS – HOPE, REWARD, OPPORTUNITY;
And there we have it (sans the usual end bit now that it’s all over until the next time or earlier if there’s a double dissolution sometime in the next 12 to 18 months)!
- Graphical Manipulations #49: Exaggerations, Falsehoods, Prayers, Rats, Slogans And Class! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations # 45: Trains, Dogs, Numerical Lies, Rats, Slogans And Gods! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #48: Higgeldy Piggledy, Ruddeldy Puddledy, A Dream, Frauds, The Rat, And Leaps! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #50: Media, Words, Sweeties, That Bloody Rat, Launches, Policies And A Brave New World! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #51: Infamy, Infamy! They’ve All Got It Infamy! And Other Bits! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #46: Money, Flippity Flops,Lies, The Rat, Deals And Choices! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #47: Tweets, Apocalypses, Rupert, Hockey, The Rat, Twitterers And Kid Stuff! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- What’s in a mandate? (ausopinion.com)
- Coalition of the Unenlightened could repeal carbon tax in 2014 (reneweconomy.com.au)