As we assume the crash positions for our upcoming FESTIVE SEASON BASH and the country effectively closes down (except for the Boxing Day Sales) and becomes comatose with self-indulgence and alcoholic excessiveness the mind turns to the spirit of Christmas and general feelings of benevolence to all and sundry. After all it is Christmas and GOODWILL TO MEN, eh? Thinking of such draws one towards offering such goodwillness to all, and for a moment there I thought that an expression of benevolence towards the NO Coalition might be a real expression of the Christmas spirit. A microsecond later the mind revolted from such considerations with a profound “NAAAAH”!
So, after some 100 days of national leadership by our NO Coalition government, basically 100 days of stuff-ups, back-flips, lies, cajolery, more lies and ineptness, gave rise to thoughts about where the next 995 days (approximately) might lead us. Given the extremism being spouted by such as Morrison, Bernardi, Abetz, Brandis, et al, that turned to;
And also to Christmas Island and the strategies in place within OPERATION SOVEREIGN STUPIDITY to catch those naughty whatever they’re now called as they sailed their boats upon the seas. Perhaps we are smarter than I think, I thought;
Boat visitations led naturally to border disputes and ill-found words by equally ill-found Foreign Ministers and;
Which led to The Rat rampaging back with his revelation that this government really wasn’t intent on learning from its diplomatic stuff ups, especially Tony Abbott, who added a bit of extra fuel to the Indonesian fire that The Rat thought was particularly mirthy;
And that led The Rat on to gay marriage (God only knows why) and to that master of the understatement, Cory Bernardi and;
Joe Hockey and his rampaging bludgeoning of the populace with his ‘don’t blame us it wuz Labor’s fault’ that the budget was in hyperdrive into the realms of negativity gave rise to The Rat finding a few wise words from his favourite economics commentator, Ross Gittins with;
And of course he couldn’t resist a bit of jocularity around government handouts and that businesses could now put their hands back in their pockets prontissimo with;
The Rat thought that the former statement was particularly amusing coming so soon after the Abbott thoughts on labour liberation;
Once The Rat had retired chuckling back to his hole in the wall his comments drew memories of a comment made long ago about recessions and how a less imposing Prime Minister might attempt a bit of oneupsmanship with;
And that led to a return to where to next and what might be should the NO Coalition’s current decline in the polls turn out to be just the tip of the iceberg and just who might be thinking about positioning themselves for a leadership tilt and that led to;
And there we have it, except for the last bits!
Firstly: To my readers and supporters Best Wishes for the Festive Season and for the New Year!
Postscript: All characters appearing in this work are entirely, and amazingly, fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living, dead or in a zombie like state, is purely coincidental with an exceptionally high probability of being the construct of a deluded mind trying to grasp the true meaning of the political unreality of Australian politics, al la NO Coalition! We can only gaze upon such greatness with wonderment!
- Graphical Manipulations #64: A Rant, AGW, Control, Diplomacy, Door Mats, Con Jobs, The Rat, Crooks And Pillocks! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #63: Backflips, Nounery, Diplomacy, Reality, The Rat And a Gee Thanks! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #65: Icons, Freedom, The Rat, Con Jobs, Duplicity, Nounery And Jokers! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #61: Watchers, Farces, Billions, The Rat, Rogue Travellers And Excuses! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Bernardi clashes with Turnbull on marriage (sbs.com.au)
- Abbott sides with Turnbull over Bernardi gay marriage ultimatum (abc.net.au)
- Graphical Manipulations #60: Elvis, Bonuses, That Bloody Rat, And Democracy – NO Coalition Style! (deknarf.wordpress.com)
- Graphical Manipulations #62: Media, Faulty Promises, Nasty Surprises, The Rat, Books And Diplomacy! (deknarf.wordpress.com)